Friday, May 23, 2008

Denae's First Ride

OKay Okay DeNae it's not your 1st ride of the season just your 1st one since surgery. DeNae is incredible. Of corse she dosn't want to take an easy trail after being off a bike.. No she wants to take one of the most difficult, Sketchy rides in CO!
Heres what Trails.com said about it:
"Lory State Park/Horsetooth Mountain Park is prime real estate for some of the area’s best mountain biking. The Mill Creek Trail is arguably one of the most technically and physically challenging rides in all of Colorado!"
Of corse thats the one she'd pick. Anyway the trail
Distance: 4.0 miles, elevation change: 1720 feet! 1720 Ft in 4 Miles!! Heres a Pic of Denae after getting to the top:

And Heres a pic of me after getting to the top:
Notice DeNae looks a lot better than me. What a tough cookie.
DeNae also found it funny that I had a flat tire and decided to take a picture of my pumping up my tire with a tiny pump.

(Notice all the stacked logs at the top? DeNae thinks its for Fire Mitigation.... that means it will slow down fire up there Dustin..)

The way down was the funnest.. If that's not already a word I'm making it one! Funnest. Really steep, sketchy, loose.. and fun! On the way over in the car we saw a sign that said it was turkey hunting season and realized that we'd never seen any...
They stopped us in the trail, I'd never seen a turkey with out a pop up timer! It was fun!
Heres also a vid of me trying not to kill myself downhill:

All in All it was a fun day. I was proud of my tough wife.
I Love Mt. Biking!
The End.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You guys are a couple of carazay kiddos. And I think you're cool. Mostly because you have a blog. And because you're cool.