Friday, May 23, 2008

Tornado In Colorado??

Heres a video Over View:Click this link

It was crazy! Hot Day and I was excited to get off by 3 and go Mt. Biking, Then came the Cold, Rain and then Hail. There were lots of talks about a tornado.. There is always a lot of talk about a tornado.. I guess this wasn't just talk. DeNae was immediatly called into the city of Windsor. Windsor was by far the hardest hit city.
DeNae was pretty taken back at what she 1st saw as one of the 1st people to enter into the city after the tornado.:

She called and was almost speechless. It came within 2.5 Miles of our front door step.:
I Really didn't want to believe that it came that close to our house so the next day I went to go see for myself.. Right as I did another Tornado Hit FRI about 4 PM and DeNae called and said that she went into the City Halls basemant.. They were okay but it gave me a pretty good scare.
Here are a few Pics that I shot Too close to out house:

This was a feed Bin That had been thrown over
5 Acres.

























This was the House that the feed bin came from The owner was trying to put a tarp on his roof as the next one hit.
I caught a bit of Video of the lesser tornado (Friday's) just north of our house:


Well DeNae called me after she'd worked for a little while she said:"It really makes me remember what is really important. All these people working so hard just to build big houses that get destroyed in seconds. I'm glad that we have each other."

For A pretty killer slideshow of all the damage check out: Click Link

The End.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy smokies I'm glad you two kids are ok. P.s. tell DeNae that she is sweet for making that ride. It is only a matter of time before i will be there riding with you two.

Megan said...

Wow, wow, and wow! I didn't realize that came so close to your house. I'm so glad you're OK. And it really does make you think about what really matters, huh. I love you guys!